Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Western Accordion Card by Juliet Arrighi, Guest Designer

I love the details of the western style - gingham and calico, leather and demin, silver conchos and turquoise jewelry.  I tried to put a number of those elements in this western style card.
By embossing the Horse Silhouette Oval with silver embossing powder on silver metallic cardstock, I was able to simulate the look of a concho.  The sentiment is embossed on the "belly band" that holds the card flat.  I wanted a bit of bandanna technique paper to show, but I couldn't find a white gel pen that was still working (what is it with those white gel pens?), so I reversed the technique, stamping (Wedding Roses Silhoutte) in white and highlighting in black.  You can see a corner of the writing panel on the inside.

Thanks for looking!

Juliet Arrighi

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a cool idea to emboss in white and highlight in black- very pretty! Love the silver on silver for the Concho look- great card!!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

WOW what an awesome western card. Love the design especially how you added the wedding roses. Thank you for joining us this month as a guest designer, looking forward to your next creation.

Denise said...

What a love card! I just love your color choice!
Sweet Hugs
Denise

simply monica said...

Love this card - love the fold

~ Kendra ~ said...

Wow, what a wonderful western card! I love it!! Love the embossed white! Such lovely colors used! Amazing card design!