Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

"Give Thanks..."

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good." 
                                                   Psalm 136:1

Hello, and happy Thursday to you all!
Sandie here again...a November guest designer...with a "Thanks" card for this week's challenge.
And that is the verse I used on the  front of my card, a SweetStamps stamp called "Staggered Give Thanks" and the two dies I used are also theirs. They are "Elegant Leaves" and "Classy Deer". 


I am using this as a Thanksgiving card which I plan to mail to my family in Wisconsin. I have not finished the inside yet so we shall see if I get this mailed on time. Sad to say, I am notorious for getting cards in the mail one day late...very consistently. LOL


This was a fun card to make. I made a stencil of heavy card stock and inked the bottom layer of the leafy wreath with an orangish ink, then die cut 3 more colors of the leaves to arrange in the wreath shape. (For delicate die cuts like this I use spray adhesive.) Some of the leaves have glitter added in gold and crystal.
The deer is one of my newest (and "deerest") dies and I've used it with glitter card stock. The very first time I visited the SweetStamps online store I knew I wanted that die. I'm looking forward to making some elegant Christmas cards with it.
I hope you are enjoying the beautiful samples made by the SweetStamps design team. Scroll down to see them if you haven't already. And once you are inspired, we'd love to have you join the challenge with YOUR creation. Each week there is a generous prize given to one randomly chosen winner of a $20 shopping spree for SweetStamps merchadise at their online store.
Thank you, crafty friends, for stopping by today.


5 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

WOW what an awesome design. I love how you used the die as a stencil and added the die cut leaves to make the wreath shape. Love the wonderful fall colors and the sparkle and ribbon.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Your designs are always fabulous! LOVE the wreath, the sentiment is perfect for Thanksgiving and the deer is the perfect touch!

Donna K said...

I'm consistently a day late mailing cards as well, Sandie! People don't quite get how I create cards all the time and never mail them in time! It's the thought that counts right?! This card is absolutely lovely…I really love the sentiment…it's perfect for any moment in life. The deer and flourishes are just wonderful!

Roxie said...

I love how you incorporated the deer into the wreath, very clever idea and beautiful card.

simply monica said...

This awesome I am in love - love how you used the die for the wreath!!!