Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Altered Postcard with Adhesive Drippage

Happy Monday, friends!

I've got a fun project to share - an altered postcard! When was the last time you sent some art through the mail? Well, I won't be mailing this postcard without an envelope, but it's definitely more interesting with a few additions from Globecraft & Piccolo!


I started off with a leftover altered postcard I had. (You can see how I made the postcard base on my blog.) I dabbed on some Enamel Powder Adhesive and then embossed the filigree heart and the key from the A114 Keys to My Heart set with Royal Sterling - this is a stunning mix!


One of the last details I added - 3D Enamel Gel (Mars Black) into the keyhole. It's all in the little details, isn't it?


Here is a piece of the set A100 Steampunk Airship Accents. (My daughter thinks it looks like an owl...we may have to design a project with that in mind some time...) This is embossed with Aged White. Note that this is a tiny piece and the Aged White is a chunky powder. A little goes a really long way here!


These pieces are even tinier...dare I say 'micro'? They are from A138 Micro Flourishes. I decided to only emboss 2/3 of the mini flourish and then coated it with Glastique Gloss for some shine. The Glastique over the plain book board deepens the color. I like the look!


To make the Royal Sterling drippage, I carefully opened the Enamel Powder Adhesive and poured just a bit on my craft mat. Then, I used the end of a cheap paintbrush and preceded to dip and drip on the postcard, pulling the drip down the card.


Tip: use less Enamel Powder Adhesive than I did in the picture! 

Add some more Royal Sterling Enamel Powder & get to melting! As things cooled, I added them to the postcard. I used the Glastique to adhere the the vellum cardstock (the piece with the sentiment) under the ribbon. All of the small accents were adhered using Glastique, too.

Well, I hope that you enjoyed this project today and will stop by again. I would suggest tomorrow to see what crafty goodness Tracy will bring! ;)

Inky hugs,
Angi

4 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wow I love what you did to the altered postcard, especially the added drips and the look of the half embossed micro embellishments. Sweet!!

maggiegracecreates said...

the dripping is wonderful.....

maggiegracecreates said...

the dripping is wonderful.....

Christi Conley said...

LOVE! Another color of embossing enamel added to my list :)