Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

'Tis the Season | Mr. & Mrs. Snow!

Hello sweet people!

Britt Bass here and I'm so excited to bring you my first official post as a DT sweetie for Sweet Stamps!

I saw these little pair of Snow People and just KNEW it would make an excellent "snow globe" shaker card!


First I stamped Mr. & Mrs. Snow DUO with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers.  I used Distress Ink in Stormy Skies to add a winter-y blue sky above the happy couple and then added stars, highlights and fun details with a white gel pen.


I die cut a large circle in a 6x6 sheet of Christmas tree paper (from my stash) with a Circle Die and then used the same die and a slightly larger scallop circle die to create a frame with green cardstock.
I assembled my shaker with a piece of acetate and filled it with a mixture of Sugar SandClear Glass Micro Beads, and some blue micro beads (from my stash).  I didn't add any sequins or larger pieces because I wanted it to look like a snow bank the swishes from side to side as it shakes!  I finished the card with a layered sticker from my stash!


Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

Sandy Fredrick said...

I love how Mr and Mrs Snow look in the shaker card and love that big red bow. Awesome!!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Love the shaker card and bright colors on the snowman couple!